Good health involves making healthy lifestyle choices. As part of our patient-centered medical home model, Family HealthCare has integrated wellness and lifestyle medicine into our primary care services. Your care team will help you discover and learn about lifestyle changes you can make to improve your overall health, better manage chronic health issues, and increase life expectancy. FHC Lifestyle Medicine Services include:
- Tobacco cessation
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Nutrition counseling
- Medically supervised weight loss program
Our Clinical Pharmacist works with primary care providers to help manage patient medications. These professionals also sit down with patients and are available onsite to see patients face to face. Managing your health becomes difficult when you are taking multiple medications. Our pharmacists will work with you to ensure you are taking the appropriate doses, types and combinations of medication for optimal health.
- Work with patients to help them understand and manage their diabetes – type 1, type 2, gestational, and pre-diabetes
- Teach patients how to test their blood sugar
- Teach patients how to inject insulin when needed
- In 2014, Family HealthCare had 388 visits for free tobacco cessation counseling, and saw 186 NEW patients to help with quitting. Of those patients who followed up with the tobacco cessation counselor, 26% of patients were able to quit, and 17% were able to quit for at least 6 weeks.
- Family HealthCare is able to help all of these patients obtain any necessary medicine to help with the quitting process, as well as assisting with ND Quits or MN Call It Quits program.
Family HealthCare’s fitness center is a free resource for patients to use. The fitness center is staffed by lifestyle coaches who will orient you to the fitness center equipment. Available Equipment:
- Recumbent Bike
- Upper Body Bike
- Exercise Balls
- Medicine Balls
- Hand weights
The fitness center is open for a limited number of hours. Check out Family HealthCare’s Facebook page for weekly updates on available hours.