Family HealthCare offers Educational Opportunities to:
- Nursing Students
- Family Nurse Practitioner Students
- Midwifery Students
- Physician Assistant Students
- Medical School Students
Such educational opportunities include preceptorships as well as shadowing opportunities. In addition, we offer limited shadowing opportunities for students in undergraduate programs. Students must be 16 years of age or older in order to qualify. The number of students accepted each semester is limited to ensure HIPPAA compliance and to maintain thorough records.
Current Availability for Educational Opportunities
- Fall of 2018 – Closed to New Students
- Spring of 2019 – Closed to New Students
- Summer of 2019 – Closed to New Students
- Fall of 2019 – Closed to New Students
- Spring of 2020 – Limited Availability
- Summer of 2020 – Availability
- Fall of 2020 – Availability
- Spring of 2021 – Availability
Student Contact/Family Healthcare Education Committee Representative
Stacey Hone, RN | Clinical Services Manager | email@example.com
“While Family HealthCare strives to accommodate as many students as possible, we are not able to accommodate all students applying for shadowing opportunities and preceptorships due to the number of applications received and provider availability. Factors that are not taken in consideration include race, ethnicity, religion, gender, health status/disability, socioeconomic status, or sexual orientation.”
If students are not selected for a specific semester, they are welcome to reapply for another semester.
- Review the current calendar availability.
- If the calendar indicates availability, please complete application for the semester for which you would like to precept or shadow.
- Scan application and email to Stacey Hone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An initial response from Family HealthCare may take up to 2 weeks. If you do not hear back from Family HealthCare after 2 weeks, please email Stacey at email@example.com to check your application status.
DNP Doctorate Projects
Family HealthCare gives consideration to current students only for Doctorate Nurse Practitioners Projects if the following conditions are met:
- DNP student makes initial contact with Stacey, the clinical service manager, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with request for project to be implemented at Family Healthcare which includes the following information attached:
- Typed proposal with school approval
- Explanation of the potential benefit the student would bring to the environment, people, & mission of Family HealthCare
- Clear explanation of what is expected from Family HealthCare including:
- Access to data
- Changes to workflows/processes
- Time expected for project to occur
Once received, the clinical service manager will reach out within 2 weeks to notify the prospective DMP student of projected date of education committee meeting. All projects must be pre-approved by education committee prior to implementation.